What Does A Scalp Treatment Do?
You're probably wondering, what does scalp treatment do? A scalp treatment is comparable to a cleansing mask for the scalp. The treatments come in different forms, like foams, sprays, and oils.
As a vital part of our skin, the scalp requires special attention. It has more hair follicles and sebaceous glands than any other body area and is densely vascularised.
A dirty and oily scalp can also be the reason why you're experiencing hair loss and hair thinning. It's important to have a scalp treatment to get your healthy hair and scalp back!
Here's what you need to know about scalp treatment:
1. Why Is There A Need For Scalp Treatment?
Treatment of the scalp normalises oil secretion. As we all know, the scalp has more sebaceous glands than any other body part.
Proper treatment for the scalp will prevent these glands from overproducing oil, thereby preventing problems associated with an oily scalp. Likewise, it will normalise scalps with low oil secretion, resulting in flaking.
Here are the following reasons why scalp treatment is needed:
- Scalp treatment results in attractive and healthy hair - Imagine if your scalp were not as healthy as it should be, with all the built-up residue and accumulated dirt from pollution, which can weigh down your locks, making them dull and difficult to style.
- Anti-ageing - Even your scalp ages. This is when greying and hair loss will become noticeable. A good scalp treatment that includes massage can slow the ageing process. As the scalp is stimulated and blood flow is facilitated , the entire scalp will feel rejuvenated and youthful.
- Stops hair thinning - As we age, our hair may begin to thin. Regular scalp treatments strengthen the roots, preventing hair from becoming brittle and shedding.
2. How Do You Know If The Procedure Is Effective?
The scalp treatment is effective if you experience less hair loss and your hair feels stronger and healthier. Remember that a healthy scalp does not develop overnight. Similar to facial products, scalp treatments take time to take effect and require consistent maintenance to keep the scalp healthy.
3. Who Should Receive A Scalp Treatment?
Scalp treatments are recommended for those who need to maintain healthy hair and scalp, as well as those with severe scalp conditions, such as:
- Flaky scalp
- Dry scalp
- Dry and brittle hair
- Damaged scalp
- Oily scalp
- Itchy scalp
- Excessive hair loss
- Frizzy hair
4. What Are The Different Procedures For Scalp Treatments?
Hot Oil Treatment
Hot oil treatment is a time-honoured Asian scalp care tradition. It can be completed both in salons and at home. It seals the hair cuticles to nourish them and reverses the damage to normal hair.
A scalp massage that stimulates hair growth is the first step in scalp treatment. The massage promotes and maintains healthy hair follicles and scalp by increasing blood circulation and unclogging hair pores.
Laser treatments, micro-needling, and low-level light therapy are all potential scalp treatments. Each is intended to treat particular scalp conditions, such as androgenetic alopecia, telogen effluvium, and others.
Also known as the Brazilian blowout or Brazilian keratin treatment, it is a chemical treatment performed in a salon to smooth the hair cuticle. The result is hair that is glossy, anti-frizz, and easy to manage.
Scalp Peeling Gel
Overactive sebaceous glands can cause dandruff, disrupting the hair's natural growth cycle by obstructing the hair follicles. Even worse, it can lead to additional hair and scalp issues that worsen the problem.
Scalp Peeling Gel highlights the deep cleansing that removes dead cells and absorbs excess oil from the scalp, removes impurities, and regulates sebum production to maintain a healthy scalp
Scalp Peeling Gel is a pre-shampoo cleanser that helps exfoliate accumulated dead cells and excess oil.
Here are the natural ingredients that can help you with your scalp problems:
- Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein is able to enhance the moisture level of the scalp, making it less susceptible to breakouts and eczema-like symptoms like dandruff caused by dryness and dehydration.
- Centella Asiatica herb has effective antibacterial and anti-viral properties.
- Calendula is used to moisturise dry scalps, eliminate grime, and enhance the condition of the scalp due to its antifungal characteristics.
- Organic Licorice Extract - licorice root to treat scalp irritations since the third century BC due to its calming effects on a dry or itchy scalp.
At Two Herbs, a favourable result was shown to be effective by using collagen mask treatment containing clinically proven ingredients to relieve dry scalp symptoms and soothe a sensitive scalp.
Here are organic ingredients for dry scalp:
- Ginkgo Biloba Leaf contains antibacterial properties, and it is these properties that aid in the treatment of sensitive and other dry scalp conditions.
- Oil from Crambe Abyssinica Seeds is the oil that is chemically most similar to the natural oils produced by our skin, so it offers the highest level of natural hydration of any oil on the market. It contains a high concentration of readily absorbable C22 fatty acids.
- Hydrolysed royal jelly protein is a protein and amino acid-rich substance that typically contains between 60 and 70 percent water, 15 percent proteins, and 2 to 3 percent vitamins. This product can nourish the scalp if you have a sensitive scalp that is dry and easily irritated.
- Hydrolysed collagen, an amino acid-based protein, is one of the proteins that will bind moisture to your scalp, thereby retaining it and moisturising it.
Conclusion About Scalp Treatments And What They Do
Effective scalp treatments are the key to achieving healthy hair growth and prevent flaky and itchy scalp from stopping you in your tracks. Remember that the scalp is just as important as your hair. It’s the key to fighting hair loss, dandruff, frizzy hair, and more.
Stop scalp issues in their tracks with our effective hair and scalp treatment. We guarantee that you will not find more reasonably priced scalp care products elsewhere.
Organic ingredients that help you with your scalp problem are on the way! Make an appointment with us immediately! First-time customers of Two Herbs can get an all-inclusive net price of just $42 on our herbal scalp treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions About Scalp Treatments And What They Do
How Do You Know If Your Scalp Is In Good Condition?
Dandruff, signs of ageing, infection, and damaged hair follicles are all indicators of an unhealthy scalp.
Why Is My Hair Greasy?
The scalp produces oil, and you may notice that your hair becomes greasy after a day. Another possible cause of your oily hair is that your hair is not designed to hold a lot of oil.
What Causes An Unhealthy Scalp?
Here are some factors that cause unhealthy scalp:
- Poor hygiene
- Poor eating habits
- Buildup around the hair follicles
- Excessive use of hair chemicals
Can Scalp Treatment Promote Hair Growth?
Yes, scalp treatment may promote hair growth. This is important, so follicles are not obstructed, and natural oils can nourish the scalp and hair.
Can The Scalp Be Cleaned Without Washing the Hair?
Yes. If you only shampoo your hair once a day, try rinsing your hair with apple cider vinegar. Massage your scalp and roots to ensure that the mixture is evenly distributed.
Can Your Damaged Scalp Heal?
Treating a damaged scalp with medicated shampoo, which also reduces itching, can restore its health. Consult a trichologist or scalp specialist for the most effective treatment options.